The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, my board bill went from being 425 a month to a whopping 75!! I'm already thinking of getting a new pony! Not only so that I can have a reliable horse to ride, but possibly one that could maybe keep my satan horse company? He's come a long way already, he actually has an interest in me now, lets me pet him over his stall door....he's still not a big fan of me opening his stall door/ trying to get in his stall. But thats ok.

Anyway, I want this girl! She's such a cutie, and reasonably priced (this time I know why!).

Solid Dark Bay QHX Mare for Pleasure Riding!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
shes prety but she looks a little skinny and sway backed maybe its just the angle of the the pictures
She is gorgeous though
congrats with your boy coming along well

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shes prety but she looks a little skinny and sway backed maybe its just the angle of the the pictures
She is gorgeous though
congrats with your boy coming along well
Thats what I was thinking too, but its nothing that some hay won't fix! She is 15, and I figure since she's only sound for flatwork anyway, being swaybacked wouldn't be too much of an issue.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
ya true groceries is all she will need and if shes for flat work then i say go for it she seems like an awsome little horse

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Uhm, where do you board again? Ha ha.
That's awesome! When I worked off board I worked all weekend and it barely cut mine in half.

Hope when I move up to Gainesville I can find something as awesome as that!
I'd much rather have a barn job than a regular one while I'm in school.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
If the ad says she is only sound for flatwork then she probably isn't sound for that either. You may be buying more problems than you want to deal with. The vet probably won't let you work off the bill.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Shes got a chip in her front HOCK??

After reading that I dont think they know what they're talking about. Her front right pastern looks funny as well.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Looking at her makes me think of the song "It ain't the years, it's the miles".

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I talked to the woman today--as a strange turn of events she contacted me about Ice. We talked, and the mare belongs to a 16 year old who used to do fun wp with her, then rode English a few times, and got hooked. shes looking for a low level jumper, which Ice MIGHT be able to do. She is swaybacked, but a lot of it is from being a fat and happy pasture puff for awhile while she healed from her fetlock, pastern, hock, whatever so with some topline work it probably wouldn't be as bad. If the girl is interested in seeing Ice, I will go see Onyx and we'll consider doing a straight trade.

Of course before anything, I'd want to have the girls x rays be evaluated by a vet (not theirs) and they'll probably have a work up done on Ice as well. And on top of it all, if I don't like these people, I have no problem telling them where they can stick it....or I just might talk to them about a lease? Who knows.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Eh, I am not impressed with her.

However that is cool that you can work that much board off! I wish I could do that.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's great that your board is that low! I'm jealous! :lol:

I think you could find a much better horse though, and for much cheaper.
I soooo could! There are just tons of babies in Florida for sale for practically nothing. Hwever, I definitely don't have the time or the experience to make a baby what I want. And everything else is so expensive! Even a basic trail horse is at least 1k.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quarter Horse For Sale, Florida, Polk City
I think this is the same bay gelding lol.....no price listed, and that video just does not make him look like a "buy me" kinda horse. His trot is cute but his canter looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

Quarter Horse For Sale, Florida, Brooksville
I like the look of this girl, even though I think she looks a little round.

Paint Horse For Sale, Florida, Loxahatchee
That guy looks alright, but he also sounds to me like he'd be a NIGHTMARE if he isn't worked all of the time, which is what Ice does right now....

Thoroughbred Horse For Sale, Florida, Fort Pierce
For an 18 year old, he looks GOOD! And I do love my TBs.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh trust me, I know it, the problem is getting other people to believe it. Stall aggression, no formal training, unsocialized, doesn't take a bit, doesn't like to be groomed.....the list goes on. The only reason I bought him for what I did was because I saw potential.

I did a "sire search" for his sire the other night on some classefieds site. TB's with his lines were selling for 5-6k as sport horses.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.