Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When..

1. You teach your dog to "Walk", "Trot", "Canter", "*Click/Cluck*", and "Whoa'". Also when you shake the rope - they slow their gait.
  2. When you begin to run with you canine companion, he or she is on the wrong lead, you proceed to slow him or her to a trot and ask for a change.
  3. You run up the stairs and immediately go into jumping position/ two-point, and fix your hands as if you're going over a jump.
  4. When you want someone to move you begin to flail your arms saying "Git! Yah! Go on!".
  5. While running, out of no-where you begin to gallop...
  6. At night, in the comfort of you own home, you set up 3 "barrels", and pretend to run them like a horse.
.. I do all of these. Anyone have any others? XD

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
  1. You run up the stairs and immediately go into jumping position/ two-point, and fix your hands as if you're going over a jump. Pffffft... yeah.. >__>;;
  2. When you want someone to move you begin to flail your arms saying "Git! Yah! Go on!". : Chicago-ites, BEWARE. Actually kind of had to do this after seeing Wicked :p
  3. While running, out of no-where you begin to gallop... : Easier than running u__u
  4. At night, in the comfort of you own home, you set up 3 "barrels", and pretend to run them like a horse : Done this. Also busted my butt while running 'poles'. Note: Hardwood floors = not good footing! Also do dressage while waiting for crap in the microwave to get done cooking :p

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I do those, haha! I even tried to train my dog to pull a cart (aka barbie van.. but shh) lol!
Cantering is way less tiresome than running the human way, pshhh.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
You know you're a horse person when: You pull more hay out of your pockets than you do cash.

Reactions: ahalleyscomet

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
You click/cluck at slow traffic.

You admire golf courses for their perfect riding surface

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
When you feel sorry for the employees at stores who have to clean the floors. when you go shopping after getting off work at the barn. :shock: muddy shoes... :lol:
When you talk to more horses than guys.
When you don't own a horse but you go all out buying stuff to help with your friends horse.
When asking your school principal if it's ok to ride horses to the homecoming football game starts a school-wide controversy/petition with all the horse people.(did this Junior year) :lol:
When you have more horse books/magazines than you know what to do with.
When you can talk horses for hours but when asked to talk about something you are bored with are quick to change the topic to something horse related.
When you use analogies for horses and problems with horses for everyday life situations.
When you go for a long walk and wish to get back home faster and wish the green way laws weren't just for people on horseback.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
You know you're a horse person when your horse eats before you do.
You know you're a horse person when you hear a love song on the radio and you think of your horse.
You know you're a horse person when you are the most comfortable in your breeches, half-chaps and spurs.
You know you're a horse person when you don't mind going to the store in the outfit mentioned above, as well as with your helmet still on.
You know you're a horse person when you will buy your horse a new blanket she doesn't really need even though your breeches and your boots are falling apart.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ah, heaps of things. :D But mainly cantering like a horse... All the time! Hehe, it is so much easier no one knows how i do it in school cross country (human race) even though i look like an idiot... :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
When u smell like horses
your horse has more make up than u.
and you hate normal shopping but will spend hours in horsey shops going ooo aah

·
Registered
755 Posts
You know you're a horse person when: You pull more hay out of your pockets than you do cash.
I seriously find more hay around my house than I do my barn.....and I board my horses....

·
Registered
531 Posts
lol haha my bed room smells like horse feed

·
Registered
755 Posts
lol haha my bed room smells like horse feed
Hahah so does my house, we have 4 different bags of feeding all throughout the house. :shock::lol:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
*Wipes Sweat* I'm so glad I'm not the only one who canters instead of running... I've also tried to do a running walk, various dressage moves, and jump like a horse. :D We should have a human-acting-like-a-horse contest... Human dressage... Human jumping... Human barrel racing...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've also tried to do a running walk
You oughta see my Paso Largo impression!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You know you're a horse person when you know more about your horse's lineage than your own.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I canter like a horse all the time down my hall way I think its easier than running the human way : P
I also taught my dog how to jump and made her a little rope halter (I still lead her by her collar but it looks cute on her)

·
Registered
808 Posts
...when you spend WAY more on your horse's pedicures on your own (actually, you don't even remember the last time you had your own)

...when snow comes, you don't go to the grocery store, you're too busy making sure your horse has everything they need to make it through the storm

...you call everyone you know with a truck to be on alert in case you need a ride to the barn during the storm

...you shovel the driveway out at 6:00 am because if you don't, your horse WILL colic in the middle of a blizzard and you won't be able to get to him

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
When you like the smell of new tack better than your bedroom.
When if you go to a show and someone says your jodphers are dirty and you don't care but if you see a speck of dirt on your horse you go crazy

oh and cantering is way better than running :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.