1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this site!

You Parked Like a Jackass

Today I just happened to go to the mall at the right time to catch this gem:

^Note - his lights (reverse light) is not on; that was the flash from my Blackberry.

Yes, these were taken today, Dec 19... 6 days before Christmas. Yes, the mall's parking lot was packed - it took me 15 minutes to find a spot.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Oye. I am one of those have to be perfectly straight and even in a parking space kind of people. Like, I will get out of my car and inspect it and if it doesn't satisfy then I will get back in my car and fix it.

It drives the people I'm with insane, but it also protects my car!

·
Super Moderator
22,680 Posts
Erm... that's a bit like me :lol:. I really have to try that I can park a car in that "stall" (=between those white lines painted on a parking area). Usually it's "something around there" if I don't try to fix it :lol:.

I think my attempt try to park backwards few weeks ago was something like that. I tried to turn, correct and fit the car in that stall at least five times before I managed to do it. I even reversed up a paving block behind me once. There was one man with his car trying to leave his parking stall next to me and since he was the one who had to reverse away he had to wait since I have bustled around enough behind his car and managed to park mine. (over here it's a rule that the reversing one has to yield and let the other one go first). I hope he didn't mention my face or won't recognize me if he'll ever bump into me somewhere.

Note: I parked a lot backwards when I learned to drive, but soon after that I gave it up because it's easier just to drive in that stall.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
hahahahaha thats hilarious Allie, that's really funny!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
i must admit I have gotten a nasty note on my big 4x4 truck for being on the line. Some poor mommy couldn't get the door on her mini van open to put her dearest one in its car seat. Oh well
I used to keep those "nasty note" cards in my glove box
"Thanks for parking so close! next time leave a F'ing can opener so I can get my car out!...Morons like you should take the bus"....I should get more of those :lol:

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i must admit I have gotten a nasty note on my big 4x4 truck for being on the line. Some poor mommy couldn't get the door on her mini van open to put her dearest one in its car seat. Oh well
I used to keep those "nasty note" cards in my glove box
"Thanks for parking so close! next time leave a F'ing can opener so I can get my car out!...Morons like you should take the bus"....I should get more of those :lol:
OMG!!! I just about peed myself!!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Hey, you're famous! Just a side note, a douche bag really isnt a bad thing. If you really needed one they are in fact, good things. Right up there with enema bags.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, you're famous! Just a side note, a douche bag really isnt a bad thing. If you really needed one they are in fact, good things. Right up there with enema bags.
Can I please have your address? I want to forward you my medical bill from choking on a chip after reading this.

just kidding :p

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
i must admit I have gotten a nasty note on my big 4x4 truck for being on the line.
I have issues with my shortbox extended-cab because parking spots are too small in many places! I don't even consider this a large vehicle by any stretch. Many times I just say "screw this" and deliberately take up two or four spots because if I actually fit all into one spot, I'm in the next person's door space anyway and get heck for that! I'm too wide, I'm too long (with a shortbox yet!) I had this problem with my 70's caddy too.

Ever notice how in general, the smaller the vehicle, the worse the parking job? What the heck would these people do if they drove an actual CAR instead of a lawnmower without the blades?

My hubby drives a 3 ton and doesn't even bother -- just parks away from everyone else however he pleases.

·
Super Moderator
22,680 Posts
Ever notice how in general, the smaller the vehicle, the worse the parking job? What the heck would these people do if they drove an actual CAR instead of a lawnmower without the blades?
I say we would dint all the other cars in that parking area :lol:.

I drive Nissan Almera which do have a prominent rear (there are Nissan Almeras with flat and prominent rears) and I think the one with prominent rear is a medium sized car. I'm in troubles with it enough.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts