The Horse Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! He has actually gained more than 70 lbs since I got him just a couple of weeks ago, and his belly has gone down A LOT since then too. It just really concerned me how large it was! His eyes were also quite hazy, but are now becoming clearer thank goodness. To me, eyes are an indicator of health, the clearer and brighter, the better! Thanks for all the compliments on him too!! I think he will be gorgeous once I get everything in check and he gets a better coat. He's shedding like crazy right now and it's also very dandruffy and dry, but it's slowly getting better. I try to groom him daily to help his shedding and work the oils into it. We use probios quite a bit at our farm for foals that have small digestive issues and it works great! So I will give that a try too! And I will keep posting pictures of him as he progresses. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update on Buckshot!! Fecal came back negative, but I will have another one done in a few months to check again, and give a dewormer for tapes too :) He looks sooo much better than when I first got him and he's a much brighter, happier boy too! He got a virus and was "sick" for about a week, with one evening his temp getting up to 104.4!! But he powered through and with a well chosen homeopathic remedy and a few checks from our vet was down to a normal temp in just a couple of days! Love this little guy!! :D
P1100088.jpg

P1100108.jpg

P1100136.jpg

P1100140.jpg

P1100157.jpg

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
He is such a handsome boy! I can't get over what a good looking youngster you have there. He looks nice and solid without being overly heavy and seems to have a lively attitude (from the pictures) that makes him look like a wonderful boy to worth with.

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
I love his little stocky body and short legs :) He's cute! Glad everything is coming together nicely

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Thank you :) I'm hoping he has quite a bit more growing to do! I don't know what the rates of growth are in the first 3 years, but he's almost halfway through it! I'm impressed with how well put together he is too! I'm not very good with lineage but his sire was a cutting horse and his dam is just a trail horse. I'm used to working with Standardbreds, and our yearlings are HUGE compared to him!! lol
And he is very lively, very attentive and I must say he is one of the happiest horses I have ever dealt with!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Before pictures

These were a couple of pics I snapped real quick the first time I got to meet Buck, just a couple of months before he came back to my farm. It's amazing how far he has come!!:D
buck1.jpg

buck2.jpg

21 - 27 of 27 Posts