The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I read ACinATX's journal she's been making and it's made me want to make my own. So I guess, here is the young horse diary! I guess this first entry will just be a get to know me and horses! Even if nobody reads this it will be fun to be able to look back on it and see how far the horses have come.

So a little about me! My name is Bayley, I'm 23. My boyfriend and I live in central IL. I currently board my 3 personal horses and one sale horse.

Now for a little about the horses!

Malone - she's a 3 year old dun AQHA mare, her registered name is Cool Dusty Maloney. I bought her as a yearling and have done all the work on her, she's my first horse I've ever broke myself. So far I've just been working on getting her broke, but hopefully this year I want to get her on cows to sort and possibly barrels, but more focused on cows.

Shorty - 5 year old sorrel grade QH gelding. I bought him last May as a sale prospect and he was pretty underweight. I got him fattened up and riding around good and sold him in July of last year. Come to find out he was super skinny at the new home. We brought him home in September and he'd lost about 250 pounds in two months. So I've been working on getting him healthy, he had ulcers really bad. I've never dealt with ulcers so I had no idea what I was doing. I've finally got him doing good, I haven't rode him yet since we've had him back, but he's healthy!

Kiss - 4 year old bay AQHA mare. I bought her in August with 5 rides on her. So far I've just been working on getting her more broke and putting saddle time on her! This summer I want to take her to shows, I took her to a couple fun shows this last summer. I also want to sort and possibly run barrels on her too.

Then theres the 3 year old, I'm going to sell in a couple months. Right now I'm working on getting her broke, then once she has about 60 days I'll post her for sale.

Well there was the first little journal entry, I'll update more when I can!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3/15/2021 Update -

Morning everyone! Here's my little update from this weekend. We didn't really do too much this weekend. I got Malone and Kiss rode and worked Shorty on the ground. He's been getting better and better so I'm hoping I'll get to ride him soon! We talked with our landlords on Saturday and it's sounding like we'll be able to bring the horses home soon! The local arena by us is putting on about 10 sortings this summer and I'm wanting to do them so bad! I got to sort a little bit on an old mare I use to own, but never with these guys since I've just been trying to get them all more broke. I didn't really show at all last year and I'm looking forward to showing again this year!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts