The Horse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is your favorite type of horse and would you rather it be energetic or just mosey around

i like thoroughbreds spotted saddle and quarter horse and i rather them be high strung controlled and willing

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
I tend to like horses with more attitude. I have a TB now, but I've also ridden a TWH before and he was very attitudy. Basically any horse that I have to work at, not just push a button and go.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I like my horses to be on the hot side. I don't like having to kick all the time. I would much rather have a horse that gives me to much than a horse that I have to prod into doing things.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I like quiet but curious horses.
Not a push button or a school master though. I love horses that will only go or do it if you ask correctly.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
i like thoroughbreds and warmbloods, or i love them combined!!! haha my current horse is both :p
i like a horse that you really have to figure out, a stubborn one that you have to understand and make an agreement with, not one you can tell what to do. haha they stretch my patience each time, but they are soo much fun to ride ;)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
For riding I like TB's and WB types. But for me what makes a horse is the personality. Overall I'd rather have a "hot" horse than a lazy one. Hate having to kick kick kick. Bigger horses for me, I like 15.3 and up. Though I'm fine on a shorter horse with a large barrel. I'm not super tall, just don't like most ponies and narrow horses.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For riding I like TB's and WB types. But for me what makes a horse is the personality. Overall I'd rather have a "hot" horse than a lazy one. Hate having to kick kick kick. Bigger horses for me, I like 15.3 and up. Though I'm fine on a shorter horse with a large barrel. I'm not super tall, just don't like most ponies and narrow horses.
yey i like tall fast horses too i dont like to have to kick alot either just the wind off my heel and there moving is what i like then when i kick u can fly away you know

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I own and ride a WB so they're my favorite type of horse. He is very calm yet willing to go forward and sensitive, so he's the best of both worlds! But if I had to pick from the polar opposites I would pick a lazier horse, I would rather have to do extra work to push the horse forward than feel like I could die at any moment.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I like Tennessee Walkers and Arabians...

I prefer them to be obediant... I like a horse who I can gallop, and when we come down to a walk, the horse will walk easily on a loose rein. I don't mind a bucker, and would rather have a horse that bucks than a rearer or a head-tosser. I like competitiveness and reliability.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts