The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at going to MM in spring 2012 or fall 2012. As of right now I'm going community college. I've been looking at this place for almost a year now, I have the catalog, have the site pretty much memorized, looked up its rating on horseschools.com, ect.

So I just want to know how your experience there was, and if it is worth bringing your own horse.

I have been riding for 12 years, but I am currently horseless, but if it is worth bringing your own horse and learning with the horse I would buy another one.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I can't tell you what it's like there - I've never been - but I can tell you that my instructor (who is far far away for a few months :cry: ) went there, loved it, and is by far the best instructor I've worked with. And I've worked with a LOT of instructors over the past 28 years that I've been riding.

I know she's dedicated, though, and will happily pick up a book on horse physiology for evening pleasure reading. So I don't know how much is the school, and how much is just her being who she is.

She had her own horse while there, but I never asked her if she felt it was advantageous.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally a good reply. I have been reading other threads on it and everyone makes it sounds horrible, I still want to go there but all of those things are starting scaring me into not going.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I dont know yet what it is like but can update you in a few months. My friend is leaving in two days for her first semester their. She is driving out with her parents. She was a barn manager assistant at the facility I board at. She will be updating me on everything so ask me in a month or two in a private message.

My trainer had a friend who went there many many years ago and she loved it!
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Sarah, I may be wrong but I think I remember the thread talking about the place. I'd suggest to try the search here.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Subbing. I've been looking at going here as well, after I finnish college.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HalfPass that would be awesome if you could update me later on. So I will be private messaging you in a month or so.
And Kitten_Val thanks for those links. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts