The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What do you think about the HORSES not the boys the horses?What would they be good at, barrels, cutting, penning, roping, etc.

·
Banned
13 Posts
They are really nice horse buddy09. Ive seen the bay roped off of, penned, sorted, team sorting, and even some rodeo pickup and ive seen the buckskin do sorting, penning and alittle bit of roping.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Hi buddy09...

Haven't you posted these guys before? I thought, if I remember correctly, you were leaning more towards the buckskin. I know zero about western riding but they both are nice looking horses.

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
buddy, first of all, I would never show a horse with a moron standing in the saddle (sorry but that is a real buga boo with me). Secondly, I don't think you can get a real opinion just looking at a horse standing there except as a halter prospect.

If you want to know what the horse has the potential of doing, look at it's breeding, and look at some videos of his movement. If you want a cow horse, how is he around cows, etc.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they both live with cows and i dont have $$ on my aqha thing so would someone mind looking up Diego's legacys(buckskin) and Legacy's looker because i would like to know their breeding but i dont wanna ask the guys to find the papers until i know for sure which one i want

·
Registered
965 Posts
The only thing I'm really noticing about the buckskin horse is that I think he would make a better roper or barrel racer than the other one. I can't really see the other one too good, but from what I can see, the buckskin has shorter, stockier legs, which is great for getting down low and into the dirt and moving fast while in the dirt.

I don't think there is anything wrong with someone standing on a horses back, it mite not be the most comfortable thing for the horse, but it's certainly not going to hurt em, maybe the rider if they don't know how the horse is. Would I ever do it? Hmmm, not at the moment thats for sure lol but maybe with a little more work I'd think about it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Sorry to double post, but I forgot to add in that the buckskin would also be good at cutting lol. Sorry once again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
:wink: First- Wasnt this topic already deleted i think you should respect the forum and not post .

:?: Second- Do you have the permission of the owners to post pics of their horses? and get them critiqued (sp?) I personally be very upset if I knew about this and they were my horses.

:) Third- I personally prefer the bay as he has a nicer build and is bigger/taller.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
first only locked because people didn't get what i was saying and started getting upset
Second yes i do have their permisson

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I don't get what you are trying to accomplish by posting this again...

Opinions were given on the horses in the last post, you said you were on a time limit anyway... wouldn't they be gone by now?

What makes you think posting a second time will get you any better results? The first one was deleted for a reason, I think you should have respected the mods decision.

I stand by my first opinion on the horses, I would pass em by. From what you said about the riders and how the animals are handled, I would not trust them with a 13 year old rider. Neither has good enough conformation(from what I see) to risk wasting the money on IMHO. But you seem to want one so why dont you decide?

If you know what the horses are like you need to pick...

Please don't take this as me being rude, i just know the last time you posted this it was a very controversial topic...

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i didn't get any opionins on the horses i just got opionins on what people thought about the boys and I asked if i could have til christmas to decide because my mom said it could be a birthday or christmas present.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
You are are making me really annoyed. The reason you didn't get any critique in the first post was because the pics were not good for critiquing! They just show them standing, with a guy on top. on the bay you can't even see his feet(tarp)! If you got better pics and maybe put 'em in the critique section, maybe people would critique the horses, not the guys.
EDIT
oh, and everytime someone trys to critique about 1 thing, you contradict them. I think you should continue looking.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
so sorry to double post, but this is a critique fron nrhreiner on the last thread:
"From those pictures it is hard to say about their conformation. The buckskin dose not look too bad. but the other you can not tell much from that angle. It makes him look weak in the rear and off the rest of the way around but could be the picture.

As to price. If they are geldings and well trained and ready for you to show the price is not bad. You would end up with that in training if you buy one who needs work."
^^^ that states it all.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this is why the last one was closed because everyone was acting like you im sorry but i only get ticked if people start sayin that im the one ticking people off. If a mod looks at this lock it, please

·
Banned
13 Posts
thunderhooves i just shake my head at you what did buddy09 say to you to make you act like this, your acting like a like 3 year old!

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Get actual conformation pictures and someone may be able to help you.

You said they are out with cows so they would make good cow horses...work them on cows and see how they actually do.

If you don't want a competitive horse though, you could pick either and it wouldn't really matter. If you're looking to not win so that people will like you (?) you could go get far cheaper horses.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im looking for a horse that isn't gonna beat everyone at our small rodeo's and shows by like 4 seconds in barrels. but i want one that i can take to a cow show and place with.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.