The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKAY.

So awesome awesome awesome day with the Zu. He was so incredibly good and tried so hard. Lunged him for 10 minutes in each direction with the side reins, just walk and trot. He accepted them beautifully and was using himself quite nicely most of the time. Still a little sore on the right front from his last trim, but he's working fine, and I've talked to the farrier about leaving his toes longer. Blehhh.

Than I hopped on for about thirty minutes. Nothing strenuous. Zu was a little on the forehand, but was very responsive, listening to my seat, voice, etc. My riding wasn't phenomenal today, and I was too lazy to lengthen my stirrups from jumping length, ha ha, but I was just very pleased. We had such a mediocre lesson on Saturday that I'm glad we had such a good ride. Great confidence booster for the both of us. Than I popped him over a cross rain three times and called it a day. His whoa was SO much better today. While we may have the occasional day of fighting, I can confidently say that I do think our loads of basic work is paying off.

Anyway, on to what you're all really here for.
PICTURES!

Jesse and I got out of the car and the neighbor's cattle spotted us. They had to come say hi.

This one was so ridiculous.

AHHHH, he tried to lick the camera right after this.

This one was my favorite. He was SO sweet.

He he he.

They are so funny.

Lunging!

Broke into a canter right after this shot, ha ha.

Mmmmmmmmh.

Sooo pretty.

Other way!

More in next post...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ha ha, look at us. XD

Like I said, on the forehand. But moving pretty well.

My hands! Need someone to yell at me.

Please ignore my failtastic position. At this point I'm staying out of his way but need some jump lessons. I know what needs to be fixed, and I feel like every time I get picture it looks a little better at least. My upper body looks LOADS better. But I need to shove my legs forward and my butt back.

My face explains it all, ha ha. Superman!

Doing much needed two-point flat work. >.<

Jesse and Zu <3. She adores him. Used to ride with me a few years back. She comes out to the barn with me about once a week.

The end!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Zeus is such a handsome boy! Good to hear that you had a good ride, I had one like that the other week and it makes all the not-so-great rides totally worth it!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Thanks! I definitely agree, the good rides make the not so great rides easier to manage. :D

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Oh and if you wanna critique my jumping ones a bit, go for it.
Didn't want to post a thread for it because I do know what needs fixing, but I'll always welcome some advice or pointers, ha ha.
:)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Zuuuuuu!!! He looks super duper cute. And you look good too, I guess hehe. :] :] :]
The cows are beyond awesome. They look so friendly haha. The black and white one looks kinda crazy.. XD

Tiny critique hehe. When you're doing your two-point (not over the fences just when you were flatting) don't plant your hands in your lap. I know you're trying to encourage Zu to drop his head and coming into the bit, but it causes your body to tip more forward then it needs to be. Just move them more up onto the neck and sit up a tad more. But you are looking 1242345435x better over fences with him than even a month ago. You've improved so much!!! :]

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks blush! In the flat two-point picture I was actually trying to get him to slow down a tad, ha ha should have shortened my reins but he was like, "Hmm you're off my back? We're gonna RUN?!" Ha ha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts