The Horse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys :) She's going through a bit of an awkward "yay I'm a 3 year old!" phase right now haha! Just a tad uneven, hopefully she'll come up through the withers and actually pop a wither soon..!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,193 Posts
She is lovely JDI!
My 3 year old is doing the same thing at the moment, no wither and no more than 1/2 an inch between his shoulder and 'makeshift' wither. He's 15.3hh now so I'm quietly confident that I'll get 16.1hh once that wither comes up.

Very jealous of that beautiful snow, it is gorgeous to look at - though maybe no so much fun to live with?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!!!

Honestly, I *love* winter and snow.. I would be 1000% fine with winter if not for one thing: short daylight hours. I hate that it's dark out so early in the evenings, and going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark is just so .. blah! If we had summer daylight hours in the winter, I'd be a happy camper! I love snow! I also hate my city's tendency to have short bursts of snow followed by a short melt period then weeks of sub zero temperatures but no snow.. ughly brown landscape everywhere and freezing my **** off is no fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Wow I wish I could take photos like that! I always seam to miss those gorgeous moments you caught so perfectly. She's a beautiful mare, and I really like the shot from behind with her looking out... unique and thought provoking. Makes me wonder what she's looking out at. What kind of camera do you use-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, everyone! :D

I shoot with Nikon. I have a D5000 body and a D200 body (that I'm still learning how to use, it's more of a manual camera) - these photos were taken with the D5000, and a 70-300mm lens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Steff!! I'm super happy with how she's turned out. She's a very smart cookie - which is great 90% of the time, and a pain in the *** the other 10%. Haha!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top