The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, one of my turtles escaped TWO WEEKS ago, and today the dogs just started spazzing. My mom yells "LACIE IT'S YOUR TURTLE!" And believe it or not, he's alive! I'm guessing what saved him is that it gets cold in here at night, so it slowed his metabolism down. He's a wee bit freaked, and pretty dusty (he's a year old, so small still.) Poor baby!

I'm SHOCKED he's still alive! We looked everywhere for him!

·
Registered
851 Posts
What kind of turtle? I have 2 box turtles and 2 redfoot tortoises...I LOVE my turtles!
Glad your little shelled friend came home safe - love to see pics!!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Awwww poor thing. Hopefully his system hasn't been affected to the point his organs shut down from not being fed for a week. Glad you were able to find him and glad the dogs didn't do something...well not so nice to the poor thing :D

Any pics?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's still alive and kicking. They're very tame, but he was certainly jumpy after his little adventure.

I have a red bellied slider 'Chuck' and a yellow belly cooter 'Norris'. Norris is the one that escaped 8\

I'll get some new photos. I tried to let them live outside last summer but they hated it. I guess I'll be having a huge tank in my house at some point!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Glad he's ok. I love turtles/tortoises. they are fascinating animals. I am getting a russian tort (horsfieldi) in april-ish. I can't wait! =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.